Friday, February 12, 2010

Regressing

Ahhhh, Valentine's Day. Flowers, boxes of chocolates, romantic dinners and Scooby Doo valentines. This year, Valentine's Day has taken on a whole new...angle. Andrew's class is having a Valentine's Day party. So, I gamely trooped out in the freezing rain (and I mean that literally) to pick up a box of valentines for Andrew to hand out at school today. I sat down at my desk to insert the temporary tatoo that comes with each one (can't give just a card these days) and fill them out. Then the instructions from his teacher arrived.

1. There are 21 kids in the class.

2. Each child shall bring 20 valentines to school (no more, no less).

3. The "from" section of each valentine shall contain the child's name.

4. The "to" section shall be left blank.

5. The valentines will be distributed....

Wait a minute! "The "to" section shall be left blank!!!!" What the heck is that all about??!!

I must say Instruction #4 ruined all of my fun. For a minute there it was like being back in first grade and getting to decide who got which valentines. Alissa is my best friend so she gets this pretty valentine. Suzie is mean and the teacher's pet so she gets this ugly one. And Johnny smells bad so he gets the valentine that is torn. (Admit it, all of you did the same thing.) If the I don't get to put names on them how can I insure that people get the correct valentines??!! For heaven's sake, Johnny might think I actually like him!

Eeeewwwww!

No comments:

Post a Comment