Friday, February 26, 2010

My New Space

About 3 years ago, I quit my day job and became a stay at home mom. Not long afterwards, my friend Staci (she has a great name but she spells it wrong) invited me over to her house for an afternoon of scrapping. That's scrapbooking for the uninformed. While I had seen scrapping before I hadn't really done any before that afternoon. Well, I was hooked. I thought "What a great hobby! It's fun, creative, and all you really need is a pair of scissors and some paper. So it's cheap too!" And here I am, a couple of thousand dollars later, addicted to scrapping. Turns out you need (seriously people, need is the right word) all kinds of things in addition to scissors and paper.

Once I got started, I needed a space at home to scrap in. Basically, I needed a desk and a book shelf to hold my stuff. No problem. There is a sitting room off Adam and I's bedroom. It's a strange shape, sort of L-shaped but not exactly. We already had a chaise and a large chair and a few antiques in the larger portion of the room, so I just stuck a desk and some shelves and in the smaller section and, voila, I had my scrap space. When I showed Staci, she predicted that eventually the furniture would get moved out and the entire room would become my scrap space. I laughed, there was no way that would happen. Well he who laughs last, laughs loudest. Staci, you can start laughing.

Over the past couple of weeks, the chaise and other furniture have been moved out and Adam built me a huge desk to use for scrapping. He did a lovely job, don't you think:





The desk is L-shaped. The long part is 8 ft long and about 30 inches deep. The short part of is about 3 feet long. I do my actual scrapping on the long section and the short section holds my computer and printer. Adam did a really great job. So nice to have a husband who can build stuff.

And I love my new desk. I have grand plans for the remaining space too. I definitely need more storage...so I can buy more stuff. Makes sense to me!

1 comment:

  1. That looks awesome!! Can't wait to see it, and *really* be able to say, 'told ya so!'
    And my favorite part? The chicken on the corner of your desk, of course. ;)

    ReplyDelete