Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Keeping Secrets

My husband is a wonderful man. He is kind, caring, funny, smart, and handsome (to name just a few of his many wonderful attributes). However, he is keeping secrets from me.

My 39th birthday is coming up in March (f.y.i., I am partial to diamonds and emeralds) and my husband has already purchased me a gift. I do not know what this gift is and Adam won't tell me. And, quite frankly, it is killing him. That's right, it is killing him that he can't tell me. He is soooo excited about it and he just wants to share the excitement with me. But he also wants it to be a surprise. It is quite the conundrum for him.

Actually, he goes through this frequently. Birthdays, Christmas, he is always offering to let me open my gifts early. Or giving me hints about what he bought. After he bought my engagement ring (but before he proposed), he showed it to everyone he knew. He invited one guy into our closet to "look at his new suit" just so he could show him the ring. He is doing the same thing again, telling everyone he sees about the gift.

I love surprises and really don't want to know what he bought. But that being said, I am a mean person and there is a prime opportunity here to torture my husband. So I am constantly asking him for hints and making guesses about the gift. It is making the wait just that much harder for him. I know, I know, I am just a cruel person.

So, if you should pass Adam on the street during the next few weeks, I am sure he will tell you all about my gift. If he does, call me.

2 comments:

  1. That's it! I'm calling him today ;)

    Staci

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hasn't told me! Why would that be????

    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete