Tuesday, January 13, 2009

What I did to today...

4:15 am - Wake up when Andrew starts talking to himself
4:30 am - Andrew says "I ready to get up." Go upstairs and inform him that he is not ready to get up. It is another 20 minutes before he falls back asleep. Did I mention he talks to himself?
5:15 am - Give up on trying to go back to sleep and get up.
8:00 am - Send Andrew off to school. Leave house, pick up Mom and drive to Fredericksburg.
10:00 am - Shopping!
4:14 pm - Return home from shopping.
6:00 pm - Eat dinner
6:30 - Help Adam take down the Christmas tree.

Yes, you read that right. We waited until January 12th to take down our Christmas tree. I love putting up the tree, but I hate taking it down. And it is something I can't do by myself, Adam has to help. And, because I insist on a real tree, there are needles everywhere. Adam wanted to light it on fire, I reminded him of the burn ban.

A friend knows a person who built a storage room onto her house just for her Christmas tree. The artificial tree is mounted on wheels and she just rolls it from her living room into the storage room. No need to take down decorations. No needles. No request from her husband to set the tree on fire.

Maybe I should look into adding a room onto the house....

3 comments:

  1. I can just picture Adam and Jeff setting that damn tree on fire.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Become a minimalist and the tree comes down about as fast as it goes up...although the extra Christmas tree storage room is not a bad idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I once kept my tree up until my birthday...which is 4 days after your birthday.... I stopped turning the lights on sometime in February.

    ReplyDelete