Thursday, January 22, 2009

Superstition and Photoshop

Most people would say I am a very practical person. For the most part, I believe things are what they are and you just need to deal with it. That being said, I am also a very superstitious person. (Can you be both practical and superstitious at the same time? I know, I am a mass of contradictions.)

For example, every morning I play a hand of freecell. I bet you didn't know that freecell can predict whether or not it is going to be a good day. If I win my game of freecell, it is going to be a good day. If I lose, it is going to be a bad day. And of course, how easily I win the game is a predictor of exactly how good of a day it is going to be.

The law school I attended had approximately 6 classrooms used for taking finals. I had a specific chair in each of these classrooms that I sat in when taking finals. I always sat in the same chair when taking finals and I always wore the same clothes when taking finals...for 3 years. I passed all of my classes, so I guess it worked.

So now we get to Photoshop. I have two goals today, scrapbooking and some light housework (yes, just light housework, no reason to get crazy and do heavy-duty cleaning). I have been doing some scrapping this morning and needed to print out some photos. So I open my Photoshop and start loading photos. And my computer freezes. So I close photoshop and reboot my computer. And try again, 5 times. Yes, I have now rebooted my computer 5 times. I have finally decided that Photoshop is not working because I haven't done any housework. I did say I was going to do some light housework today and all I have done so far is scrapping. Clearly that is the problem. So I have now taken out the trash and swept. Photoshop should work. After all, freecell today was going to be a good day...

No comments:

Post a Comment