Monday, November 22, 2010

Only on Wednesdays

Andrew's grasp of time is tenuous at best. So we have been working on understanding measurements of time. We have a calendar on the refrigerator and we talk about what day of the week it is and when we are doing certain things. On Monday, we go to the grocery store, Wednesdays are swimming lessons, and on Saturdays, we watch football. I wasn't sure Andrew was getting this lesson until last week.

"Andrew, you need to take off your pajamas and put on your clothes."

"No Mommy, only on Wednesdays."

"Excuse me," I said.

"I only change my clothes on Wednesday."


And since then, that has been his response to everything.

"Andrew, would you like spaghetti for dinner tonite?""

"Only on Wednesday."

"You need to pick up your toys Andrew."

"Only on Wednesday."

"Andrew, it's time to take a bath."

"No. I take a bath only on Wednesday." (Ok, he definitely did not win that one. Our kid is not the Pigpen of his class. At least, I don't think he is.)

And yes, I even heard:

"Andrew, would you like to go get doughnuts for breakfast this morning."

"I only eat doughnuts on Wednesdays."

No comments:

Post a Comment