Thursday, March 5, 2009

Having the Plague

I found out yesterday that I have the plague. Okay, I don't actually have the plague, I have pink eye, but I might as well have the plague. In fact, I would probably have more visitors if I had the plague. Having pink eye is social death. No one wants to come near you. There is a 10 foot exclusion zone around you that no one will enter, with the exception of Andrew who has no idea what the plague, I mean pink eye, is.

Announce that you have pink eye and suddenly your invitation to social events are revoked. You are instructed not to come into work. You are expected to do loads of laundry. No one wants you cooking dinner or washing the dishes (ok, those last two are pretty positive side effects). I find it all rather amusing.

So, when you finish reading this post make sure you wash your hands. You don't want to catch the plague, I mean pink eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment