Monday, March 23, 2009

Go sit in the corner

I was chatting with Andrew today on the way home from the grocery store and almost ran a red light. I noticed it just in time and was able to safely stop, but I commented to Andrew that I would have been in big trouble had I run the light.

My son promptly told me to go sit in the corner. Furthermore, he informed that I would not be allowed to watch Tom and Jerry tonite, that Andrew would be watching it all by himself because I was in big trouble.

It is a very strange thing to hear your own words coming out of your child's mouth and directed at you. Now if you will excuse me, I have to go sit in the corner.

3 comments:

  1. heehee! Loooove it! My favorite is when I hear one of my kids say to a sibling... "You know, I'm just VERY disappointed in the choices you made."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, ladies, as they get older, the strangest things will come out of your mouths....and then theirs!! I'll have to tell you 2 the time I ended with "well, your name's not on it, is it???" and was totally busted by my smartypants oldest kid (then 5 yo)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just wait until he repeats something you didn't really want repeated. Talk it from me it can be quite embarassing! Remind me sometime and I'll tell you the story.

    ReplyDelete