Friday, March 20, 2009

The Best Laid Plans...

I am a big believer in the plan. I always try to have a plan. I am not into the spontaneous thing that much. My friend Kim always says "Plan your work and work your plan" and I couldn't agree more. And it just really bums me when a plan goes wrong.

Well, recently, it would seem that the rest of the world is set on thwarting every plan I make. Here lately nothing has gone according to plan. For example, last Friday my parents were going to keep Andrew overnight so that Adam and I got a free evening and a free morning (yippee). But Mom got sick so we had to pick Andrew up in the evening (boo).

Then, I had planned on getting my gardening and some yard work done on Wednesday. My parents always come over on Wednesday to hang out with Andrew so there is someone to entertain him while I work. Excellent time for gardening and yard work. What happened? Their cable broke and the cable man was coming Wednesday. There goes the plan.

Today, I hired a babysitter so I could have a little time to clean the house (again, easier to do without Andrew's help) and probably spend a little time scrapbooking. Nope, not going to happen. The baby sitter did not show up. Another plan blown to hell.

At this rate, I will never accomplish anything again. Adam and I have big plans to do spring cleaning this weekend and finish up our landscaping (including planting the vegetable garden). Any bets on whether or not that's going to happen?

No comments:

Post a Comment