Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Out of the Mouths of Babes

As we all know, you have to watch what you say around kids. For the first couple of years, you can pretty much say what you want and not have to worry about it. But after that, things you say have a tendency to come back and bite you in the butt.

For example, every night at dinner we encourage Andrew to talk about what he did that day. You typically here about things like his trip to the grocery store with Mom or playing with his friends at school. But not always...

Adam: So Andrew, what did you do today?

Andrew: Drive Mommy crazy.

At least he's honest. Or for example, this past week. I sprained my knee last week and have been babying my knee. Andrew was crawling up in my lap and I cautioned him to be careful.

Andrew: Why?

Me: Because my knee hurts.

Andrew: Oooohhhh. Mommy's knee is old.

Me: What?!

Andrew: Mommy is really old.

That little @#^&$!

No comments:

Post a Comment