Thursday, October 29, 2009

Try, Try Again

In case you didn't know, I have a sinus infection and bronchitis. When you combine those two things with the cough syrup I am drinking these days (which leaves me pretty woozy), I just can't muster the will to cook. So we decided to order take-out tonite. Actually, we placed an order for delivery not take out because I was in no condition to drive. But anyway, courtesy of my illness, I don't really have an appetite these days so I just ordered Spinach Artichoke Dip and Chips.

We ordered from California Pizza Kitchen. I generally like their food. It's not out of this world wonderful, but it's all good. Not the Spinach Artichoke Dip. I just did not like it.

I love spinach. I love artichokes. I love cheese. By all the laws of nature, I should love spinach artichoke dip. But it occurred to me as I was eating this spinach artichoke dip, that I didn't like, that I have never had a spinach artichoke dip that I liked. I have tried it over and over again at different restaurants and I have never liked it.

Perhaps it is not the recipe I don't like. Maybe I just don't like spinach artichoke dip...period?

No...that couldn't be it...could it?

No comments:

Post a Comment