Thursday, December 30, 2010

Have a Holley, Jolly Christmas




Christmas this year was a little...abnormal, but great none the less. We celebrated Christmas with my brother and sister-in-law on Dec. 11 and with Adam's parents two days later. As a result, Andrew was a little confused about exactly when Christmas was and asked each day if he was going to get to open presents today. But when Christmas finally arrived, it was great.

My parents came over on Christmas Eve and spent the night with us. My family always celebrated on Christmas Eve. So we had our big meal on Christmas Eve, let Andrew open one gift, and watched some Christmas movies. Then sent the boy off to bed.


The next morning, Andrew jumps into bed with Grandma and Grandpa at 4:45 am (people that is early) and announces the Santa has been there. So we all get up and discover that Santa Claus has not only visited but left snowy footprints from the fireplace to the Christmas tree (magic snow, doesn't melt and tastes like flour).

And then, my wonderful baby boy did the most amazing thing of all. He pulls a package out from the back of the tree and commands me to open it. The first thing he wanted to do was watch me to open the gift he had made for me. And when I opened it, it was a painting of a flower he had made for me in a frame he and his daddy had made. It was the one of the most wonderful moments in my life and made me cry. After giving me a hug and a kiss, Andrew asked where his gifts were. And then the gift opening orgy began.


We spent the rest of the day in our pajamas, playing with Andrew's new toys. It was a wonderful Christmas.

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet boy! I am glad you guys had a great Christmas! Have a Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete