Thursday, April 22, 2010

Quick Update

Ok, so I started a new blog post the day after my last post. I had finally received my little pink laptop back from Fry's and so I was blogging on that. I get about a quarter of the way into the blog and realize that my little pink laptop is not connected to our picture drive. So, I had to wait for Adam to reconnect me to the drive and by then life had moved on. I apologize. I know you have been checking daily, waiting for the new posts and have been profoundly disappointed. It's just been a really busy month (April that is). So without further ado, here is a quick update.

Andrew turned four on March 30th. Yea! We had a small party for him that involved a bounce house and a pinata. Whoever came up with the idea of giving small children a stick, blindfolding them and letting them swing wildly at a papier mache figure was not thinking clearly. There were several close calls but, fortunately, no trips to the hospital. There is nothing like giving kids a bucket full of candy and sending them home with their parents.
Of course, the next weekend was Easter. Which meant a visit from the Easter Bunny (more candy) and hunting for Easter eggs (even more candy). When your only cousins live in Michigan, you get to find all of the Easter eggs (woohoo!).




Then the next weekend (April 9-11) we went camping at Bastrop State Park. It was only our second camping trip with Andrew (and Adam and I had only been one other time), so it was a big undertaking. We took everything. We were prepared for every eventuality, except for the batteries on our camera's dying, which they did on Saturday. Not many places to recharge a camera battery in the great outdoors. But we had a wonderful time. We went hiking twice. Actually, we all went hiking once. Andrew spent all of the second hiking trip riding on his father's shoulders. On the first hiking trip, Andrew had a great time trying to spot the trail markers on the trees. We also went fishing. Unfortunately, it was a cool weekend and the fish just weren't biting. We roasted hot dogs for dinner and marshmallows for dessert. Bastrop State Park was great and we had a wonderful time. As we were packing up to leave, my lovely husband said he could do the whole camping thing again (which is good since we bought a new tent).






Then this past weekend, we had my family's annual family reunion down at the farm in Gonzales. Andrew loved climbing on the hay with all of the other kids and playing in the mud puddles left by the rain earlier in the week. He did not enjoy being sprayed down with the garden hose after playing in the mud. Fortunately, I had taken about 4 changes of clothes for him, so he did have warm, dry clothes for the drive home. And after all of that activity, he slept the whole way home (we left about 5 in the afternoon) and did not wake up for dinner.




It's been a busy month. We have a little break this weekend, Adam and I have individual things going on but that's it...other than packing for Disneyworld! Life is good.

1 comment:

  1. Okay... we're on board for the next camping trip! As long as it's not too hot. Or cold. Or wet. Or buggy. ;) Don't I seem like I'd be so fun to camp with?!

    ReplyDelete